Membership in the National Coalition
From the founding of our country, women have joined together to exercise their voice and harness their collective power. It is in the spirit of empowerment through collaboration that we created the National Women’s History Museum National Coalition.
The National Women’s History Museum’s prestigious National Coalition is comprised of more than 60 national, predominantly women’s organizations, with educational, professional and/or service missions. These like-missioned organizations have a demonstrated a commitment to women’s equality, women’s empowerment, and/or women’s story sharing, and through their work with our Coalition, seek to support the Museum’s mission and goals.
- Provides thought leadership to the Museum and offers insight based on their experience and expertise;
- Participates in communicating to share the unique contributions women have made and are making, and to increase the visibility of the National Women’s History Museum;
- Has a demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment, women’s stories, and women’s equality; and
- Seeks new opportunities for partnerships and collaboration with the Museum.
BENEFITS AND TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
The National Women’s History Museum’s National Coalition is designed to not only support the Museum’s mission, but to amplify and strengthen the powerful, inspiring work of Coalition members. We envision our relationship with each Coalition Member to be a true partnership so that we can support the shared goal of amplifying women’s voices and ensuring their inclusion in the national narrative.
Membership in the National Coalition is free. Upon joining, members will have access to the following benefits:
- An annual meeting with Museum leadership to discuss programming and opportunities for collaboration, as well as to learn about Museum updates;
- Opportunities to be featured in Museum programming, where appropriate;
- Opportunities for promotion through the Museum’s social media channels, newsletters, and/or in the Museum’s print magazine, Clio;
- Access to lecturers/speakers through the NWHM’s Distinguished Lecturers Program;
- Early access to virtual and in-person programming;
- Special discounts for the NWHM retail store;
- A National Women’s History Museum Seal, badge and other graphic icons to showcase membership in the National Coalition; and
- Added value to your leadership team and membership through an expanded network and access to high-quality programming.
Coalition Members agree to highlight their membership by including the Coalition Seal on their website and including a link and/or blurb to the Museum on their resources page or other appropriate webpage. We ask Coalition Members to support the Museum’s programming, campaigns, events, and other content through inclusion or amplification on their website, on their own social media channels, and in print and electronic publications, as appropriate.
Members of the NWHM National Coalition must be global, national, or regional in scope; share a commitment to our mission and values; have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and representation; and champion the advancement of women and girls in all walks of life.
For more information about the National Coalition, please contact Jennifer Herrera, vice president of external affairs, at [email protected].