Development and Membership Internship | Summer 2021
This position will work remotely for the duration of the internship and applicant must have reliable access to internet. Communication between Intern and NWHM Development staff will be conducted via telephone, email and video conferencing.
NWHM is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented intern to assist the Development department with managing extensive membership programs. The work helps provide exceptional donor experience to support NWHM’s initiatives. This internship opportunity is for an undergraduate student interested in exploring a career in Development or non-profit management. They will work closely with NWHM’s Development team to learn about fundraising-membership best practices and non-profit operations.
- Assist with membership group management to support event planning, marketing, and management for the Museum’s young professionals’ group and related activities.
- Manage donor communication via mail, email, telephone, etc.
- Assist with membership renewals.
- Promoting member opportunities and benefits.
- Assist in the creation and fulfilment of membership and donor acknowledgement and appreciation letters.
- Maintain detailed spreadsheets and databases with prospective and current donor information.
- Assist with data clean up and updates on donor database.
- Support Development team with the membership work as needed.
Qualifications should include:
- Interested in nonprofit fundraising.
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with colleagues in a team effort.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills.
- Experience using Microsoft suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This internship will run between Tuesday, June 1 and Friday, August 13, 2021. Candidate must complete a total minimum of 200 work hours over the course of the internship.
Interns will receive a stipend of $1,000.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest in Word or PDF document to Sarah Brutschy, Director of Membership and Events at [email protected] with the subject line of “Museum Development & Membership Internship.” Your letter of interest will serve as your writing sample.
To be considered for Summer 2021, applications must be submitted by Friday, April 30, 2021.
The National Women’s History Museum considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law. In addition, the National Women’s History Museum complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates. The National Women’s History Museum also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.